Analysis of the main indicators of socially dangerous sexually transmitted diseases
Annotation. Today, socially dangerous diseases are an urgent interdepartmental, interdisciplinary problem around the world, the key main feature of which is its mass nature. The purpose of the present degree work is to analyze the dynamics of the main indicators of socially dangerous sexually transmitted diseases in the national and regional aspects. The epidemiological retrospective study included a study of the situation by analyzing existing directories, bulletins, databases and other electronic resources for the period of 2015–2019. Was done the statistical processing of the intensive indicators of morbidity and prevalence of cofactor socially dangerous sexually transmitted diseases – HIV/STIs. Methods of research – epidemiological, medical, and statistical. It is proved that the incidence rates of classical STIs for the years 2015–2019 decreased annually: syphilis – by (-) 22.3% (from 7.6 to 5.9 per 100 thousand people) in Ukraine and (-) 43.8% (from 8.9 to 5.0 in 2019) in the Vinnytsia region; gonococcal infection – by (-) 42.2% (from 13.5 to 7.8) and (-) 63.3% (from 7.9 to 2.9), respectively. Some risk groups were distinguished by the demographic criteria: sex – male; age groups – 40–59 years (syphilis – 41.8%), 20–34 years (gonorrhea – 56.4%). It is determined that national and regional indicators of morbidity and prevalence of HIV infection have been growing annually: morbidity by (+) 14.2% and (+) 1.6% in Vinnytsia region; prevalence — by (+) 5.5% and (+) 18.6%, respectively. It was also established that among newly diagnosed HIV-positive in 2019 was the highest percentage was among men (58.7%) and in the age group – 25–49 years (69.0%). In the structure of the ways of transmission of the latter, the first place was taken by the sex act – 73.6%. The results of the study of existing trends in the incidence and prevalence of socially dangerous sexually transmitted diseases revealed their comparability with global trends in HIV infection and the opposite of classical STIs, which are caused by the governmental and systemic barriers. Further development of scientific research involves the study of the main risk factors that contribute to the emergence, rapid spread of STIs and determine their rank indicator significance.
2. Koshmiakova, T. V. (2020). Analiz zakhvoriuvanosti na infektsii, shcho peredaiutsia statevym shliakhom sered naselennia Zakarpatskoi oblasti u rozrizi raioniv [Analysis of the incidence of sexually transmitted infections among the population of the Transcarpathian region in terms of districts]. Ukraina. Zdorovia natsii – Ukraine. The health of the nation, 2 (59), 131–136. DOI: https://doi.org/10.24144/2077-6594.2.2020.201468
3. Semyhina, T. V., & Vovkohon, O. Yu. (2010). Poshyrennia sotsialno nebezpechnykh khvorob v Ukraini ta yikh profilaktyka [Spread of socially dangerous diseases in Ukraine and their prevention]. V Semyhina T. V. (Red.). Protydiia sotsialno nebezpechnym khvorobam: vyvchennia ukrainskoho dosvidu [Counteraction to socially dangerous diseases: study of the Ukrainian experience]. (s. 7–38). Kyiv: Shkola okhorony zdorovia. Tsentr doslidzhen zdorovia ta sotsialnoi polityky. Vziato z http://www.ekmair.ukma.edu.ua/handle/123456789/960
4. Serheieva, T. A., Kruhlov, Yu. V., Maksymenok, O. V., Kyslykh, O. M., & Martsynovska, V. A. (2016). Epidemiolohichni aspekty sotsialno znachushchykh infektsii [Epidemiological aspects of socially significant infections]. Klinichna imunolohiia. Alerholohiia. Infektolohiia – Clinical immunology. Allergology. Infectology, 4 (93), 19–29. Vziato z https://kiai.com.ua/ua/archive/2016/4%2893%29/pages-18-28/epidemiologichni-aspekti-socialno-znachushchih-infekciy-
5. Talalaiev, K. O. (2019). Problemy sotsialnykh i khronichnykh khvorob na suchasnomu etapi (na prykladi infektsii, shcho peredaiutsia statevym shliakhom) [Problems of social and chronic diseases at the present stage (on the example of sexually transmitted infections)]. Visnyk morskoi medytsyny – Bulletin of Marine Medicine, 1, 6–13. Vziato z https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/problemi-sotsialnih-i-hronichnih-hvorob-na-suchasnomu-etapi-na-prikladi-infektsiy-scho-peredayutsya-statevim-shlyahom
6. Ott, M., & Santelli, J. (2019). Sexually Transmitted Infections, Public Health, and Ethics. In Mastroianni, A. C., Kahn, J. P., & Kass, N. E. (Ed.). The Oxford Handbook of Public Health Ethics, 15 p. DOI: 10.1093/oxfordhb/9780190245191.013.36
7. Rietmeijer, C. A. (2019). Improving care for sexually transmitted infections. J. Int. AIDS Soc., 22 (56), e25349. DOI: 10.1002/jia2.25349
8. WHO. Global Health Sector Strategy On Sexually Transmitted Infections 2016–2021. ISBN: 978-929023414-2
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.