Development of recommendations for the creation of organizational and functional model of aeromedical evacuation by expert assessment of existing methods of transportation of wounded and sick from the combat zone
Annotation. The article is about the organizational aspects of aeromedical evacuation by helicopters directly from the war zone. The purpose of the study is to determine the opinions of experts on certain aspects of aeromedical evacuation, which cause a lot of discussion among medical personnel performing aeromedical evacuation from eastern Ukraine, to create, the optimal organizational and functional model of aeromedical evacuation in Ukraine by analysis of this dates. The questionnaire method used to find out the opinions of experts on the existing methods of aeromedical evacuation and possible ways to improve as well as implement them in the organizational and functional model of aeromedical evacuation. The questions of the questionnaire concerned the quantitative and qualitative structure of aeromedical crews and the method of their performance, decision-making process on planning of aeromedical evacuation missions and boarding of the patients, required medical documentation of the aeromedical evacuation process, timing of aeromedical evacuation and its responsibilities. The assessment of the competence of the experts carried out in an objective way, which included a documentary method, which provided for the selection of experts based on their professional characteristics. The optimal quantitative and qualitative composition of aeromedical brigades is established, and the staff of which units they should be included is determined. The optimal method of decision-making process aeromedical evacuation and structure of qualitative and quantitative composition of patients is offered. The best way of infight medical support of the patients in critical conditions and ways to transfer responsibility between doctors have been identified. To create an optimal organizational and functional model, further statistical study of the main indicators of aeromedical evacuation is needed to compare the compliance of the obtained recommendations with the real capabilities of the aeromedical evacuation system.
2. Ministerstvo oborony Ukrayiny. Nakaz nachalʹnyka VMKTS TSR vid 10.02.2011 roku №32 [Ministry of Defence Ukraine. Order of the Head of the Central Executive Committee of the Central Committee of February 10, 2011]. Polozhennya pro orhanizatsiyu evakuatsiyi khvorykh ta travmovanykh viysʹkovosluzhbovtsiv u Tsentralʹnomu rehioni [Regulations on the organization of evacuation of sick and injured servicemen in the Central region].
3. Ministerstvo oborony Ukrayiny, Heneralʹnyy Shtab Zbroynykh Syl Ukrayiny. Nakaz Nachalʹnyka Heneralʹnoho shtabu – Holovnokomanduvacha Zbroynykh Syl Ukrayiny vid 02.03.2016 r.№90 [Ministry of Defense of Ukraine, General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. Order of the Chief of the General Staff - Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine dated March 2, 2016 №90]. Tymchasova nastanova z medychnoyi evakuatsiyi poranenykh i khvorykh u Zbroynykh Sylakh Ukrayiny na osoblyvyy period [Temporary instruction on medical evacuation of the wounded and sick in the Armed Forces of Ukraine for a special period].
4. Ministerstvo oborony Ukrayiny, Nakaz nachalʹnyka Holovnoho viysʹkovo-medychnoho upravlinnya – nachalʹnyka medychnoyi sluzhby Zbroynykh Syl Ukrayiny vid 4.06.2018 roku№95 [Ministry of Defense of Ukraine, Order of the Chief of the Main Military Medical Department – Chief of the Medical Service of the Armed Forces of Ukraine dated June 4, 2018 №95]. Pro zatverdzhennya Tymchasovoho poryadku orhanizatsiyi nadannya nevidkladnoyi (ekstrenoyi) medychnoyi dopomohy u Zbroynykh Sylakh Ukrayiny [On approval of the Temporary Procedure for Organizing of the Emergency Medical Care in the Armed Forces of Ukraine].
Міністерство оборони України, Генеральний Штаб Збройних Сил України. Наказ Начальника Генерального штабу – Головнокомандувача Збройних Сил України від 09.07.2018 р. №258. Керівництво з медичної евакуації у Збройних Силах України
5. Ministerstvo oborony Ukrayiny, Heneralʹnyy Shtab Zbroynykh Syl Ukrayiny. Nakaz Nachalʹnyka Heneralʹnoho shtabu – Holovnokomanduvacha Zbroynykh Syl Ukrayiny vid 09.07.2018 r.№258 [Ministry of Defense of Ukraine, General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. Order of the Chief of the General Staff - Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine dated July 9, 2018 №258]. Kerivnytstvo z medychnoyi evakuatsiyi u Zbroynykh Sylakh Ukrayiny [Guidance for medical evacuation in the Armed Forces of Ukraine].
6. Ruden, V. V., & Hutor, T. H. (2011). Metodyka provedennia ta otsinky rezultativ ekspertnykh otsinok (na prykladi vprovadzhennia systemy monitorynhu zdorovia naselennia na rivni pervynnoi medyko-sanitarnoi dopomohy) [Methods of conducting and evaluating the results of expert evaluations (on the example of the implementation of the system of monitoring the health of the population at the level of primary health care)]. Ukrainskyi medychnyi chasopys – Ukrainian Medical Journal, 2, 31–34. Vziato z https://www.umj.com.ua/article/9571/metodika-provedennya-ta-ocinki-rezultativ-ekspertnix-ocinok-na-prikladi-vprovadzhennya-sistemi-monitoringu-zdorov-ya-naselennya-na-rivni-pervinnoi-mediko-sanitarnoi-dopomogi
7. Department of the Air Force: Air Force Instruction 41-307. (2015). Aeromedical evacuation patient considerations and standards of care. 1298043867; ISBN-13:978-1298043863
8. Gray, G., Bron, D., Davenport, E. D., d’Arcy, J., Guettler, N., Manen, O., … & Rienks, R. (2019). Assessing aeromedical risk: a three-dimensional risk matrix approach. Heart, 105 (1), 9–16. http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/heartjnl-2018-313052
9. Hon, H. H., Wojda, T. R., Barry, N., MacBean, U., Anagnostakos, J. P., Evans, D. C., … & Stawicki, S. P. (2016). Injury and fatality risks in aeromedical transport: focus on prevention. J. Surg. Res., 204 (2), 297–303. doi: 10.1016/j.jss.2016.05.003
10. Maddry, J. K., Arana, A. A., Savell, S. C., Reeves, L. K., Perez, C. A., Mora, A. G., Bebarta, V. S. (2017). Critical Care Air Transport Team Evacuation of Medical Patients Without Traumatic Injury. Mil. Med., 182 (11), e1874–e1880. DOI: 10.7205/MILMED-D-17-00091
11. Maddry, J. K., Mora, A. G., Savell, S. C., Perez, C. A., Mason, Ph. E., Aden, J. K., & Bebarta, V. S. (2018). Impact of Critical Care Air Transport Team (CCATT) ventilator management on combat mortality. J. Trauma Acute Care Surg., 84 (1), 157–164. doi: 10.1097/TA.0000000000001607
12. Patterson, C. M., Woodcock, T., Mollan, I. A., Nicol, E. D., & McLoughlin, D. C. (2014). United Kingdom military aeromedical evacuation in the post-9/11 era. Aviat Space Environ. Med., 85 (10), 1005–12. DOI: 10.3357/ASEM.4005.2014
13. Survival Systems USA. (2016). Helicopter overwater survival training facility dunker training course. Retrieved from www.survivalsystemsinc.com/training-programs/helicopter-overwater-survival-training-facility
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.