Principle “student voices” as a tool of partnership cooperation at the department of pharmacology
Annotation. The article is devoted to the implementation of the principles of “student voices” and teacher`s feedback in the process of improving the teaching and learning pharmacology. There were introduced results of the students questionnaire, which were conducted in 2017, 2018, 2019, according to the questionnaire developed by us, together with teachers of the Department of Medical Psychology. Every year from 300 to 500 respondents were interviewed, and in 2019 another 247 4th year students were included in the survey. According to the results of the survey, 76–85% of respondents (3rd and 4th year students, respectively) did not change their attitude to the chosen specialty. 78% of respondents believe that the quality of education at the university is high. At the same time, about 90% of respondents are satisfied with the quality of lecture material, and about 88% of respondents are satisfied with the quality of practical classes. According to the assessment of studying at the department on a scale from “not at all interesting” to “very interesting”, 84.9% of respondents chose the answer “very interesting”. Assessment of the teacher's attitude to the student as a person showed a good attitude in 96% and unsatisfactory – in 3.9% of respondents. Students noted that to improve their knowledge and deeper understanding of the subject, they need to increase the number of practical classes (32% – 3rd year and 48% – 4th year). So, the data obtained made it possible to analyze the effectiveness of existing methods of teaching pharmacology, student satisfaction with the educational process, the final results and the quality of competencies. Also, to determine the role and function of the teacher in modern reality, to choose the vector of potential changes in the competencies of the teaching staff of the Department of Pharmacology.
2. Bozhuk, T., & Malyk, L. (2010). Rol zvorotnoho zviazku v navchalnomu protsesi: Dosvid zastosuvannia metodiv “Try konverty” ta anketuvannia [The role of feedback in the learning process: Experience in applying the “Three Envelopes” methods and questionnaires]. Molod i rynok - Youth and market, 7–8, 94–98. Vziato z http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/Mir_2010_7-8_21.
3. Dubinina, O. S. (2015). Anketuvannia studentiv yak sposib monitorynhu yakosti osvity [Questionnaire of students as a way to monitor the quality of education]. Novitni osvitni tekhnolohii, Materialy X naukovo-praktychnoi konferentsii [The latest educational technologies, Proceedings of the X scientific-practical conference]. (s. 53). Vziato z http://confesp.fl.kpi.ua/fr/node/1229.
4. Kazakov, Yu. H., Petrov, Ye. Ye., Burmak, Yu. H., Treumova, S. I., & Ivanytska, T. A. (2020). Praktyko-oriientovanyi pidkhid do pidhotovky maibutnikh likariv: Metodolohichni ta praktychni aspekty [Practice-oriented approach to the training of future doctors: Methodological and practical aspects], Materialy Vseukrainskoi navchalno-naukovoi konferentsii z mizhnarodnoiu uchastiu – Materials of the All-Ukrainian educational and scientific conference with international participation. Poltava: vydavnytstvo Ukrainskoi medychnoi stomatolohichnoi akademii.
5. Kotova, S. S., & Hasanova, I. I. (2016). Kachestvo obrazovatelnogo protsessa v universitete glazami studentov [The quality of the educational process at the university through the eyes of students]. Obrazovanie i nauka – Education and Science, 9 (138), 43–57. Vzyato s https://www.edscience.ru/jour/article/view/717/589.
6. Mingazova, D. N. (2018). Otsenka kachestva obrazovatelnoy sredyi na osnove izmereniya udovletvorennosti studentov [Assessment of the quality of the educational environment based on measuring student satisfaction]. Kazanskiy pedagogicheskiy zhurnal – Kazan pedagogical journal, 4, 72–75. Vzyato s https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/otsenka-kachestva-obrazovatelnoy-sredy-na-osnove-izmereniya-udovletvorennosti-studentov.
7. Mishchenko, T. O., & Stadnik, N. V. (2017). Studentotsentrychne navchannia, yak vektor rozvytku humanitarnoi paradyhmy osvity [Student-centered learning as a vector of development of the humanitarian paradigm of education]. Onovlennia zmistu, form ta metodiv navchannia i vykhovannia v zakladakh osvity – Updating the content, forms and methods of teaching and education in educational institutions, 17 (60), 32–27. Vziato z http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/Ozfm_2017_17_11.
8. Palamarchuk, O. (2016). Vykladannia v universyteti na zasadakh liderstva. Navchalnyi posibnyk [Teaching at the university on the basis of leadership. Tutorial]. Kyiv: DP NVTs “Priorytety” – Kyiv: State Enterprise “Priorities”. Vziato z http://elite-project.eu.
9. Pilov, P. I., & Svizhevska, S. A. (2012) Anketuvannia yak mekhanizm monitorynhu zadovolenosti vnutrishnikh spozhyvachiv osvitnoho protsesu [Questionnaire as a mechanism for monitoring the satisfaction of internal consumers of the educational process]. Upravlinnia yakistiu pidhotovky kadriv z vyshchoiu osvitoiu cherez udoskonalennia protsedur litsenzuvannia, akredytatsii ta reitynhuvannia, Materialy konferentsii [Quality management of training with higher education through the improvement of licensing, accreditation and rating procedures, Conference Proceedings.]. (s. 70–76). Vziato z http://ir.nmu.org.ua/handle/123456789/3393.
10. Standarty i rekomendatsii shchodo zabezpechennia yakosti v Yevropeiskomu prostori vyshchoi osvity (ESG) [Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area (ESG)]. (2015). K.: TOV “TsS”. К.: CS Ltd. Vziato z http://www.britishcouncil.org.ua/sites/default/files/standards-and-guidelines_for_qa_in_the_ehea_2015.pdf.
11. Taptygina, Ye. V. (2018). Protses formirovaniya soft skills v meditsinskom vuze [The process of forming soft skills in a medical university]. Meditsinskoe obrazovanie i professionalnoe razvitie – Medical education and professional development, 2, 67–74. Vzyato s https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/protsess-formirovaniya-soft-skills-v-meditsinskom-vuze.
12. Filonenko, M. M. (2016). Metodyka vykladannia u vyshchii medychnii shkoli na zasadakh kompetentnisnoho pidkhodu: Metodychni rekomendatsii dlia vykladachiv ta zdobuvachiv naukovoho stupeniu doktora filosofii (PhD) VM(F)NZ Ukrainy [Methods of teaching in higher medical school on the basis of a competency-based approach: Guidelines for teachers and candidates for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)]. Kyiv: Tsentr uchbovoi literatury – Kyiv: Center for Educational Literature. Vziato z http://nikmed.at.ua/metodrabota/1filonenko_m_m_metodika_vikladannya_u_vishchiy_med.pdf.
13. Hemmer, P. A., Busing, N., Boulet, J. R., Burdick, W. P., Mckillop, J., Irby, D., & Duvivier, R. (2011). AMEE 2010 symposium: Medical student education in the twenty-first century – A new Flexnerian era? Medical Teacher, 33 (7), 541–546. doi:10.3109/0142159x.2011.578178.
14. Holcar Brunauer, A. (Ed.). (2019). Student Voice in Education. CIDREE Yearbook 2019. Ljubljana: National Education Institute Slovenia.
15. Milles, L. S., Hitzblech, T., Drees, S., Wurl, W., Arends, P., & Peters, H. (2019). Student engagement in medical education: A mixed-method study on medical students as module co-directors in curriculum development. Medical Teacher, 41 (10), 1143–1150. doi:10.1080/0142159x.2019.1623385.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.