Improvement of surgical treatment for primary inguinal hernias by application of modified preperitoneal alohernioplasty technique
Study results have established benefits of modified laparoscopic techniques of preperitoneal alohernioplasty without mesh fixation to the preperitoneal space with the reconstruction of the preperitoneal flap defect with welding technology. Reduction of surgery duration, length of hospital stay and recovery period with a decrease in the need to analgetic administration in the postoperative period compared with open inguinal Lichtenstein alohernioplasty was demonstrated. High-frequency welding of the peritoneum edges determined to be safe and reliable method of preperitoneal space closure in experiment.
2. Bittner, R., Arregui, M. E. & Bisgaard, T. (2011). Guidelines for laparoscopic (TAPP) and endoscopic (TEP) treatment of inguinal hernia [International Endohernia Society (IEHS)]. Surg. Endosc., 25, 2773–2843.
3. Burgmans, J. P., Voorbrood, C. E. & Simmermacher, R. K. (2016). Long-term Results of a Randomized Double-blinded Prospective Trial of a Lightweight (Ultrapro) vs a Heavyweight Mesh (Prolene) in Laparoscopic Total Extraperitoneal Inguinal Hernia Repair (TULP-trial). Ann. Surg., 263, 862–6.
4. Cavazzola, L. T. & Rosen, M. J. (2013). Laparoscopic versus open inguinal hernia repair. Surg. Clin. North. Am., 93, 1269–1279.
5. Khajanchee, Y. S., Urbach, D. R. & Swanstrom, L. L. (2001). Outcomes of laparoscopic herniorrhaphy without fixation of mesh to the abdominal wall. Surg. Endosc., 15(10), 1102–1107.
6. Lange, J. F., Kaufmann, R. & Wijsmuller, A. R. (2015). An international consensus algorithm for management of chronic postoperative inguinal pain. Hernia, 19, 33–43.
7. Mayer, F., Niebuhr, H. & Lechner, M. (2016). When is mesh fixation in TAPP-repair of primary inguinal hernia repair necessary? The register-based analysis of 11,230 cases. Surg. Endosc., 10, 4363–71.
8. Oguz, H., Karagulle, E. & Turk, E. (2015). Comparison of peritoneal closure techniques in laparoscopic transabdominal preperitoneal inguinal hernia repair: a prospective randomized study. Hernia, 6, 879–85.
9. Ross, S. W., Oommen, B. & Kim, M. (2015). Tacks, staples, or suture: method of peritoneal closure in laparoscopic transabdominal preperitoneal inguinal hernia repair effects early quality of life. Surg. Endosc., 29(7), 1686–93.