The structural-spatial reorganization of the arterial bed of the femur, knee and shin areas of the hind limbs of the rats
Annotation. The ischemic-reperfusion lesion, which occurs during the restoration of the arterial circulation, causes structural and spatial reorganization of the arterial bed of the hind limbs of the rats. Recently, more and more attention has been paid to the treatment and prevention of the ischemic changes are given to the nootopic medicines, among which carbacetam stands out. The aim of the study – to establish the manifestations of the structural-spatial remodeling of the arterial bed of the hind limbs of the rats in the femoral, popliteal and tibial anatomical areas during ischemia-reperfusion and under conditions of the correction with carbacetam. An X-ray examination was performed of the arterial bed of the hind limbs of 30 rats under conditions of the ischemia-reperfusion (group I) and 30 rats in the simulation of the ischemia-reperfusion, which were injected carbacetam once a day (5 mg/kg) during 14 days in postischemic period. There were 6 intact animals in the control group. Simulation of the ischemia was performed by applying SWAT rubber tourniquets on the hind limbs for 2 hours, and reperfusion by removal of the arterial tourniquet. The animals of the experimental groups were divided into 5 subgroups with reperfusion terms after 1, 2 hours and 1 day, as well as after 7 and 14 days. The filling of the arterial bed with a suspension of lead sulfide and the radiography were performed. Research morphometric parameters were calculated using the SEO Image Lab software of Sumy Electron Optics. The diameters of the main column (D0,), thicker (D1,) and thinner (D2,) subsidiary branches were determined, and the asymmetry coefficient (H2) was calculated. Statistical processing of the material was carried out using a program package “Microsoft Exсel”. Research results and their discussion. Visual analysis revealed dilatation of the main vascular columns and reduction of angioarchitectonics of the limb, most likely after 1 day, which was confirmed morphometrically. In particular, in the femoral region by 15.77 % (p<0.005) increased (D0) by 12.77 % (p<0.05) – (D1) and by 20.93 % (p<0.005) – (D2). and the asymmetry coefficient (H2) increased by 9.36 % (p<0.05). In the popliteal area at the end of 1 day there was an increase in the lumen of D0 by 18.49 % (p<0.005) and its subsidiary branches D1 and D2 by 15.8 % (p<0.05) and 25.12 % (p<0.05), respectively. The value of H2 increased in this group by 10.56 % (p<0.005). In the area of the tibia during this period there was an increase in the indicator (D0) by 19.54 % (p<0.05), and indicators D1 and D2 – by 12.58 % (p>0.05) and 23.51 % (p<0.05), respectively, and the asymmetry coefficient (H2) – increased by 11.78 % (p<0.05). After 14 days after the resumption of blood supply, the morphometric parameters of the arterial tees decreased and approached the level of the values of the control group. On the X-ray angiograms of the animals with using a correction, an also have signs of the vascular dilatation, but their intensity was less relative to the group, in which correcting was not performed. Thus, in the area of the femoral artery through 1 day of reperfusion marked on decreasing in D0 by 4.0 % (p<0.005), D1 by 2.0 % (p<0.005), D2 by 3.96 % (p<0.005), and H2 by 2.51 % (p<0.005) in the group with correction compared to similar indicators without correction. On the X-ray angiograms of the animals with using a correction, an also have signs of the vascular dilatation, but their intensity was less relative to the group, in which correcting was not performed. Thus, in the area of the femoral artery through 1 day of reperfusion marked on decreasing in D0 by 4.0 % (p<0.005), D1 by 2.0 % (p<0.005), D2 by 3,96 % (p<0.005), and H2 by 2.51 % (p<0.005) in the group with correction compared to similar indicators of the group without correction. At the levels of the popliteal artery, after the application of the correction, the index D0 was lower by 3.0 % (p<0.005), D1 by 2.02 % (p<0.005), D2 by 4.0 % (p<0.005), and H2 by 2.58 % (p<0.005) compared with a group of the animals without correction. In the tibia using of carbacetam caused a decrease in the values of D0 by 3.0 %, D1 by 3.0 % (p<0.005), D2 and H2 by 4.36 % (p<0.005) and 3.83 % (p<0.005) in accordance. Thus, simulated ischemia-reperfusion supplementation with morfo-functional reorganization of the arteries of the hind limbs of the rats at all studied levels after 1 hour of the reperfusion and reaching the highest values after 1 day. Gradually, returning of the studied indicators to the control group occurs after 14 days of the experiment, and the application of correction helps to return the basic parameters of vascular tees at all levels to the control group after 7 days of the experiment.
2. Henyk, S. M., & Symchych, A. V. (2016). Reperfuziinyi syndrom pislia revaskuliaryzatsii ishemii nyzhnikh kintsivok [Reperfusion syndrome after revascularization of lower extremity ischemia]. Sertse i sudyny – Heart and blood vessels, 3, 104–108.
3. Grinev, M. V., & Grinev, K. M. (2010). Tsitokin-assotsiirovannye narusheniia mikrotsirkuliatsii (ishemicheski-reperfuzionnyi sindrom) v geneze kriticheskikh sostoianii [Cytokine-associated microcirculation disorders (ischemia-reperfusion syndrome) in the genesis of critical conditions]. Khirurgiya. Zhurnal im. N.I. Pirogova – Surgery. Journal named after N.I. Pirogov, 12, 70–76.
4. Zhukova, A. A. (2013). Sostoianie popteinaz ingibitopnoi sistemi syvopotki kpovi i bponkhoalveoliapnogo smyva v dinamike pazvitiia pepepfuzionnogo sindpoma i ppi lechenii antioksidantami i ingibitopami popteinaz [The state of the poreinase-inhibitory system of blood serum and bronchoalveolar lavage in the dynamics of the development of the reperfusion syndrome and during treatment with antioxidants and inhibitors of poreinases]. Aktual`nye problemy tpanspoptnoj medecziny – Current problems of transport medicine, 2 (II(32–II)), 113–117.
5. Zasimovich, V. N., & Ioskevich, N. N. (2017). Reperfuzionno-reoksigenatsionnyi sindrom kak problema rekonstruktivnoi khirurgii arterii pri khronicheskoi ishemii nizhnikh konechnostei ateroskleroticheskogo geneza [Reperfusion-reoxygenation syndrome as a problem of reconstructive surgery of arteries in chronic ischemia of the lower extremities of atherosclerotic genesis]. Novosti khirurgii – Surgery news, 25 (6), 632–642.
6. Malchenko, O. A. (2016). Patohenetychne obhpuntuvannia pidkhodiv do kopektsii poshkodzhen tkanyn kintsivky ppy ekspepymentalnomu pepepfuziinomu syndpomi. (Dys. k. med. n.) [Pathogenetic substantiation of approaches to the correction of limb tissue damage in experimental perfusion syndrome. (Dis. Ph. D.)]. Kiev.
7. Matiukhin, V. A., & Shoshenko, K. A. (1982). Apkhitektonika kpovenosnogo pusla [The architecture of the blood-bearing wort]. Novosibipsk: Nauka.
8. Nozdpachev, A. D., & Poliakov, E. L. (2001). Anatomiia kpysy (labopatopnye zhivotnye) [Anatomy of a rat (laboratory animals)]. SPb.: Lan.
9. Starodubska, O. O. (2017). Efektyvnist vykorystannia karbatsetamu dlia vidnovlennia kohnityvnykh porushen pry eksperymentalnii cherepno-mozkovii travmi [The effectiveness of the use of carbacetam to restore cognitive impairment in experimental traumatic brain injury]. Aktualni problemy suchasnoi medytsyny: Visnyk ukrainskoi medychnoi stomatolohichnoi akademii – Current problems of modern medicine: Bulletin of the Ukrainian Medical Dental Academy, 17 (2 (58)), 50–54.
10. Dick, F., Li, J., Giraud, M. N., Kalka, C., Schmidli, J., & Tevaearai, H. (2008). Basic control of reperfusion effectively protects against reperfusion injury in a realistic rodent model of acute limb ischemia. Circulation, 118 (19), 1920–1928. doi: 10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.108.787754.
11. Dunn, J. C., Kusnezov, N., Schoenfeld, A. J., Orr, J. D., Cook, P. J., & Belmont Jr, P. J. (2016). Vascular injuries in combat-specific soldiers during operation Iraqi freedom and operation enduring freedom. Annals of vascular surgery, 35, 30–37. doi: 10.1016/j.avsg.2016.01.040.
12. Rudolf, R. (2017). Avoiding long‐term muscle damage upon ischaemia–reperfusion. Acta Physiologica, 219 (2), 343–345. doi: 10.1111/apha.12769.
13. Tran, T. P., Tu, H., Pipinos, I. I., Muelleman, R. L., Albadawi, H., & Li, Y. L. (2011). Tourniquet-induced acute ischemia–reperfusion injury in mouse skeletal muscles: Involvement of superoxide. European Journal of Pharmacology, 650 (1), 328–334. doi: 10.1016/j.ejphar.2010.10.037.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.