To the question of the appropriation of IFOM for home medical students
Annotation. Today, the shortage of health workers is noted not only in Ukraine but also in European countries. Hospitals need highly skilled and competent staff who are quick to navigate the clinical situation, prescribe an adequate amount of additional methods of examination and effective treatment, starting from the outpatient stage. Therefore, there is a need for qualitative and thorough knowledge that future health professionals will receive during their professional training, from the first courses of medical schools. The research has a theoretical character, presented in the methods of analysis, comparison, systematization of the obtained data. In July 2019, medical school students passed the International Medical Examinations (IFOM) exam, which was part of the Unified State Qualification Exam. The questions from the course "Microbiology, Virology and Immunology" in many cases concerned pathogens that cause natural-focal disease that are not peculiar to our country, on the other hand, the argumentation of the correct answers was insufficient. In the 2019 IFOM Tests, there was a wealth of clinical data that played a decisive role in choosing the right answer for third-year medical school students who did not have sufficient clinical practice due to the specificities of the subject's curriculum to interpreting the condition of the problem, combining theoretical and clinical features is sometimes impossible or difficult. Therefore, the analysis of the test assignments presented during the IFOM exam revealed not only defects in their formulation, but also prompted the faculty, as well as our department, to improve and supplement the information provided to students to prepare for practical lessons the in MOODL and further provide an opportunity for students to more thoroughly prepare for the test exam.
2. Bukhalska, S. (2009). Kompetentnisnyi pidkhid. Teoretychnyi analiz kliuchovykh definitsii vyshchoi medychnoi osvity [Competency approach. Theoretical analysis of key definitions of higher medical education]. Nova ped. dumka – New ped. opinion, 2, 84–87.
3. Demchenko, N. M., Mishchuk, K. O., & Zolotarova, R. L. (2014). Metody navchannia u vyshchii shkoli [Teaching methods in high school]. Visnyk VDNZU “Ukrainska medychna stomatolohichna akademiia” – Bulletin of the Ukrainian Medical Dental Academy, 1, 232.
4. Klymniuk, S. I., Romaniuk, L. B., Tkachuk, N. I., Kuchmak, O. B., & Bryhidyr, T. O. (2011). Orhanizatsiia roboty mikrobiolohichnoho hurtka na kafedri medychnoi biolohii, virusolohii ta imunolohii [Organization of work of microbiological circle at the department of medical biology, virology and immunology]. Medychna osvita – Medical education, 3, 92–94.
5. Medychna reforma v Ukraini: shcho novoho z sichnia 2018 roku [Medical reform in Ukraine: what's new since January 2018]. Vziato z https://health.unian.ua/country/2324814-medichna-reforma-v-ukrajini-scho-zminitsya-z-1-sichnya-2018-roku.html.
6. Moroz, V. M., Huminskyi, Yu. I., Fomina, L. V., & Polesia, T. L. (2016). Suchasni innovatsii v Vinnytskomu natsionalnomu medychnomu universyteti im. M.I. Pyrohova ta realizatsiia Zakonu Ukrainy “Pro vyshchu osvitu” [Modern innovations at Vinnitsa National Medical University. E. Pie and implementation of the Law of Ukraine “On Higher Education”]. Medychna osvita – Medical education, 2, 64–68.
7. Piatnytskyi, Yu.S., Melnyk, I.V., Polishchuk, M.O. & Fisiun, Yu.I. (2016). Orhanizatsiia navchalnoho protsesu v vyshchykh navchalnykh zakladakh ministerstva okhorony zdorovia Ukrainy v umovakh vprovadzhennia Zakonu Ukrainy «Pro vyshchu osvitu» (za pidsumkamy monitorynhu v 2016 r.) [Organization of the educational process in higher educational establishments of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine under the conditions of implementation of the Law of Ukraine “On Higher Education” (according to the monitoring results in 2016)]. Medychna osvita – Medical education, 2, 29–35.
8. Slukhenska, R.V., Kulish, N.M. & Reshetylova, N.B. (2018). Kharakterystyka pedahohichnykh umov formuvannia tvorchoho potentsialu maibutnikh likariv u protsesi profesiinoi pidhotovk [Characteristic of pedagogical conditions of formation of creative potential of future doctors in the process of vocational training]. Imidzh suchasnoho pedahoha – The image of the modern teacher, 1 (178), 23–27. Vziato z http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/isp_2018_1_7.
9. Khvysiuk, O. M., Marchenko, V. N., & Zherebkin, V. V. (2014). Innovatsiini tekhnolohii v realizatsii prohram bezperervnoho profesiinoho rozvytku likariv [Innovative technologies in the implementation of programs of continuous professional development of doctors]. Medychna osvita – Medical education, 4, 124–127. Vziato z http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/Mosv_2014_4_38.
10. Shinkaruk-Dykovytska, M. M., Poberezhna, H. M., Fedyk, T. V., & Kovalchuk, L. O. (2017). Kompetentnisnyi pidkhid ta formuvannia kliuchovykh kompetentnostei v pidhotovtsi studentiv vyshchykh navchalnykh medychnykh zakladiv [Competency approach and formation of key competencies in the preparation of students of higher educational establishments]. Visnyk Vinnytskoho natsionalnoho medychnoho universytetu – Reports of the Vinnitsa National Medical University, 1/2 (21), 319–323.
11. Banks, J. (Cherry A. McGee Banks, Associate Editor). (1995). Handbook of research on multicultural education. New York: Macmillan.
12. Murray, P. R, Rosenthal, K. S., Kobayashi, G. S., & Phaller, M. A. (2002). Medical microbiology. (4 ed.). St. Louis; London; Philadelphia; Sydney; Toronto: Mosb.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.