Characteristics of microflora involved in the development of purulent paraproctitis and its sensitivity to ozone
Annotation. Despite significant advances in surgery to overcome purulent complications, the development of acute paraproctitis remains an extremely pressing problem, accounting for up to 4% of surgical pathology. This article is devoted to the study of the microbial spectrum of pathogens that contribute to the development of acute paraproctitis and Fournier gangrene, as the extreme degree of exposure of the subcutaneous adipose tissue of the external genitalia and perianal area in men. To study the microbial spectrum of pathogens of this pathology used the rules of intake, transportation of the studied material according to the Order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine No. 234 on the organization of prevention of nosocomial infections in obstetric hospitals. The identification of isolated cultures was performed considering morphological, cultural and biochemical characteristics. Biochemical typing was performed using PLIVA diagnostic test systems – Lachema a. s. Brno, Czech Republic (NEFERMtest 24, STAPHYtest 16, ENTEROtest 24). To evaluate the effectiveness of the decontamination effect of ozonized sodium chloride solution, a quantitative suspension test was introduced with the introduction of a suspension of microorganisms isolated from the test material, followed by seeding on dense nutrient media to calculate the number of viable cells to reduce the exposure to the specified ex ante. The purpose of the study was to study the disinfecting effect of ozonated sodium chloride solution to improve the effectiveness of treatment of patients with acute paraproctitis. The results of the study indicate that the use of ozonated sodium chloride solution has significant advantages over the use of 0.02% solution of furacilin and decasan in the treatment of patients with acute paraproctitis and significantly reduces the risk of complications and accelerates the recovery of patients. The results of the research prove that the ozonated solution of sodium chloride in two dilutions (1:1), in contrast to other antiseptics, retains bactericidal action against the whole spectrum of bacteria that are most often involved in the development of acute paraproctitis. Thus, we consider it appropriate to include this solution in the scheme of complex treatment of patients with acute paraproctitis.
2. Aliev, S. A., Aliev, E. S. & Zejnalov, B. M. (2014). Gangrena Furne v svete sovremennyh predstavlenij [Gangrene Fournier in the light of modern ideas]. Hirurgiya – Surgery, 4, 34–39.
3. Bolkvadze, E. E., & Egorkin, M. A. (2012). Klassifikaciya i lechenie slozhnyh form ostrogo paraproktita. Pyatnadcatiletnij opyt [Classification and treatment of complex forms of acute paraproctitis. Fifteen years of experience]. Koloproktologiya – Сoproctology, 2, 13–16.
4. Vlasov, A. P. & Kulygin, I. V. (2013). Ozonoterapiya v kompleksnom lechenii ostrogo paraproktita [Ozone therapy in treatment of acute paraproctitis]. Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya – Modern problems of science and education, 1, 48–49.
5. Ginyuk, V. A. & Rychagov, G. P. (2011). Kompleksnyj podhod k lecheniyu pacientov s ostrym paraproktitom s primeneniem fototerapii [Complex approach to the treatment of patients with acute paraproctitis using phototherapy]. Novosti hirurgii – Surgery News, 19 (6), 70–75.
6. Kudryavcev, B. P., Snigorenko, A. S. & Mormyshev, V. N. (2005). Opyt primeneniya masla “ozonid” v mestnom lechenii ostrogo paraproktita [Experience with the use of ozonide oil in the local treatment of acute paraproctitis]. Nizhegorodskij medicinskij zhurnal. Prilozhenie “Ozonoterapiya” – Nizhny Novgorod Medical Journal. The application"Ozone therapy", 156–157.
7. Gordon, P. H. (2007). Principles and practice of surgery for the colon, rectum, and anus (3rd ed.). N.Y.
8. Nelson, R. (2002). Anorectal abscess fistula: what do we know. Surg. Clin. North. Am., 82 (6), 1139–1151. doi: 10.1016/s0039-6109(02)00063-4.
9. Sahni, V. A., Ahmad, R., & Burling, D. (2008). Which method is best for imaging of perianal fistula. Abdom. Imaging, 33, 26–30. DOI: 10.1007/s00261-007-9309-y.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.