Dynamics of the functional activity changes in rats testicles under conditions of dosage spermatic cord stenosis
Infertility in marriage is an important medical, biological, social and demographic problem. Inguinal hernioplasty is objectively considered as a factor of male infertility in 9.8% of cases. Under these pathological conditions, the structural elements of the spermatic cord are compressed those appears the circulatory disturbances in testicle. Disorders of reproductive function often occur precisely because of hemodynamic disorders, which are considered one of the leading pathogenetic factors in the development of male infertility. Purpose — to establish peculiarities of testicles vessels and tissues remodeling under dosed spermatic cord stenosis conditions and during the reperfusion period. The experiments have been carried out on 78 non-linear white male rats, weighting 180–200 grams which were fed due to a standard diet of vivarium. All the animals were divided into four groups: one control group and three experimental ones. The control group included six intact animals. All the other comprised the experimental group which was divided into three series six animals per each depending on the terms of observation. The animals with the model of dosed stenosis of funiculus comprised first experimental group; the animals with the model of dosed stenosis and one-moment decompression, starting from the third day of the experiment comprised the second group; to the third group we referred the animals with the model of dosed stenosis of the funiculus which have undergone decompression with the correction of reperfusion changes due to the method proposed by us, starting from the third day. During the experiment it was established that after one-time decompression of the spermatic cord that was under the experimental stenosis conditions, apereas destructive changes in testicles parenchyma and decreases the functional activity of the organ. Despite that the compression factor has been removed and the blood flow in arteries and veins has been fully restored, there was no improvement in the hemodynamics of the testicle. The use of the dosage decompression method of the spermatic cord helps to improve the hemodynamic conditions of the organ during the reperfusion period. In this case, the detected changes of the testicle’s parenchyma and its intra-organ vessels were less pronounced than during stenosis of the spermatic cord and its one-time decompression. The functional activity of the testicles with use of the reperfusion changes correction, was slightly violated, the spermatogenesis index has been increased and the mature forms of spermatozoa were present in the seminiferous tubules. Thus, the usage of the proposed method of the spermatic cord decompression allows us to obtain positive dynamics in testicles blood vessels remodeling in reperfusion period.
2. Baybakov, V. M. (2013). Morfofunktsionalni zminy drenazhnykh system yaiechka pry yoho khirurhichnykh zakhvoriuvanniakh [Morphofunctional changes of the drainage systems of the testis in his surgical diseases]. Klinichna anatomiia ta operatyvna khirurhiia – Clinical anatomy and surgical surgery, 2 (12), 64–67.
3. Vasilyeva, S. G., Mkhitarov, V. A., & Kosyreva, A. M. (2011). Morfofunktsionalnaya kharakteristika semennikov krys vistar pri vozdeystvii lipopolisakharida v usloviyakh giperandrogenemii [Morphological and functional characteristics of the testes of Wistar rats under the influence of lipopolysaccharide in conditions of hyperandrogenism]. Rossiyskiy mediko-biologicheskiy vestnik imeni akademika I.P. Pavlova – Russian Medical and Biological Bulletin named after academician I. P Pavlova, 2, 35–40.
4. Voloshyna, I. S. (2011). Suchasni uiavlennia pro morfohenez vnutrishnikh orhaniv cholovichoi statevoi systemy pid diieiu riznykh faktoriv [Contemporary ideas about the morphogenesis of the internal organs of the male reproductive system under the influence of various factors]. Ukrainskyi morfolohichnyi almanakh – Ukrainian morphological almanac, 4 (9), 155–160.
5. Gerasymiuk, I. Ye., Stravskyi, T. Ya., Krynytska, I. Ya. Patent 92670 Ukraina, MPK A61 17/00; № u201403461. Prystriy dlia dozovanoho zvuzhennia diametra trubchastykh biolohichnykh obiektiv [Device for metered narrowing of the diameter of tubular biological objects]. Kyiv: Derzhavne patentne vidomstvo Ukrainy – Kyiv: State Patent Office of Ukraine.
6. Gerasymyuk, N. I., Pylypko, I. V., & Ostrovska, L. O. Patent 58427 Ukraina, MPK A61 M5/00; № u201011700. Prystri dlia dozovanoho zvuzhennia sudyn [Device for metered vessel constriction]. Kyiv: Derzhavne patentne vidomstvo Ukrainy – Kyiv: State Patent Office of Ukraine.
7. Gorpinchenko, I. I., & Nikitin, O. D. (2010). Besplodnyy brak v Ukraine. Novyye realnosti [Infertile marriage in Ukraine. New realities]. Zdorovye muzhchiny – Mens health, 3, 184–190.
8. Dudenkova, N.A., & Shubina, O.S. (2013). Izmeneniya morfofunkionalnogo sostoyaniya i produktivnosti semennykh zhelez belykh krys pri vozdeystvii atsetata svintsa [Changes in the morphological and functional state and productivity of the seminal glands of white rats when exposed to lead acetate]. Fundamentalnyye issledovaniya – Fundamental Research, 9 (10), 1253–1259.
9. Zhiborev, B. N. (2008). Vrozhdennaya pakhovaya gryzha i muzhskoye besplodiye v aspekte poligennoy prirody testikulyarnoy nedostatochnosti [Congenital inguinal hernia and male infertility in the aspect of the polygenic nature of testicular insufficiency]. Rossiyskiy mediko-biologicheskiy vestnik imeni akademika I.P. Pavlova – Russian Medical and Biological Bulletin named after academician I.P. Pavlova, 3, 109–117.
10. Kulikov, S. V. (2007). Morfologiya dekompensatsii krovoobrashcheniya v pecheni pri stenoze legochnogo stvola [Morphology of decompensation of blood circulation in the liver with pulmonary stenosis]. Kazanskiy meditsinskiy zhurnal – Kazan Medical Journal, 2 (88), 165–168.
11. Solovyev, A. A., Sakhashchik, M. N., Popkova, S. V., & Astrakhantsev, A. F. (2009). Osobenosti yaichkovogo krovotoka i patogeneticheskiye aspekty narusheniya fertilnosti u patsiyentov s pakhovymi gryzhami [Features of testicular blood flow and pathogenetic aspects of fertility disorders in patients with inguinal hernias]. Vestnik khirurgii im. I.I Grekova – Bulletin of Surgery of I.I. Grekov, 3 (168), 103–10.
12. Shormanov, S. V., & Kulikov, S. V. (2007). Morfologicheskiye izmeneniya sosudov pecheni pri modelirovanii stenoza legochnogo stvola i posle yego ustraneniya [Morphological changes in the blood vessels of the liver during modeling of stenosis of the pulmonary trunk and after its elimination]. Byuleten eksperimentalnoy biologii i meditsiny – Bulletin of experimental biology and medicine, 9 (144), 342–345.
13. Yushko, Ye. I., Bondarev, A. V., & Strotskiy, A. V. (2011). Muzhskaya infertilnost v besplodnykh brakakh [Male infertility in barren marriages]. Reproduktivnoye zdorovye – Reproductive health, 4, 108–114.
14. Dohle, G. R., Elzanaty, S., & van Casteren, N. J. (2012). Testicular biopsy: clinical practice and interpretation. Asian J. Androl., 14 (1), 88–93.
15. Duman, A., Mogulkoc, R., Baltaci, A. K., & Menevse, E. (2015). 3', 4'-dihydroxyflavonol attenuates tissue damage in unilateral testis ischemia-reperfusion in rats. Bratisl. Lek. Listy, 116, 1 (2.), 735–740.
16. Esteves, S. & Agarwal A. (2016). Afterword to varicocele and male infertility: current concepts and future perspectives. Asian Journal Andrology, 18, (2), 319–322.
17. Shabana, W., Teleb, M., Dawod, T., Elsayed, E., Shahin, A. … Sorour, W. (2015). Predictors of improvement in semen parameters after varicocelectomy for male subfertility: A prospective study. Canadian Urological Association Journal, 9 (9), 579–582. doi: 10.5489/cuaj.2808.
18. Vainshtein, S. G., Zhulkevich, I. V., Petropavlovskii G. A., & Kotelnikova, N. E. (1987). Protective properties of microcrystalline cellulose in rats with experimental diabetes. Bulletin of Experimental Biology and Medicine, 103 (2), 186–188. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3028529.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.