Introduction of interactive teaching methods in the doctors–dentists training
The aim of the work is to evaluate the effectiveness of the “Business Game” method in shaping the skills of a future dentist among students of the 5th year of the dental faculty. The main part of the article includes the experience of using the method of “Business Game” at the Department of Therapeutic Dentistry at National Pirogov Memorial Medical University, Vinnytsya, which facilitates the formation of professional skills and abilities of the future dentist in conditions that are as close as possible to practical health care, stimulates active participation of students in collective collaboration, promotes the introduction of interdisciplinary integration into the educational process. Modelling the professional situation using the “Business Game” method allows students not only to solve the problem, but also to develop tactics of behaviour in conditions that are most closely related to the actual clinical situation that they will encounter during practical activities. They learn to work in a team, defend their own opinion, hold discussions with their opponents. Educational games allow you to improve practical skills and teach students to solve complex clinical problems in the absence of a patient. Using role-playing games during practical classes can increase the interest of students in future professional activities. So, Application of interactive methods in the educational process allowed to reveal the creative abilities of students, promoted the development of clinical thought, the practice of practical skills and skills in conditions that are as close as possible to practical health care. The study showed that the use of the “Business Game” method has increased material absorption by 11.2% compared to the control group. “Business games” stimulates active participation of all students in collective cooperation, promotes the introduction of interdisciplinary integration into the educational process. The usage of the “Business Game” improves the quality of clinical training of the future dentist in the context of reforming the modern health system.
2. Filonenko, M. M. (2015). Psykholohiya osobystisnoho stanovlennya maybutn'oho likarya [Psychology of the personal formation of the future doctor]. Kyiv: Tsentr uchbovoyi literatury. ISBN 978-611-01-0707-5.
3. Maksymenko, S. D. (2014). Pedahohika vyshchoyi medychnoyi osvity [Pedagogics of Higher Medical Education]. - Kyiv: Tsentr uchbovoyi literatury. ISBN 978-617-673-312-6.
4. Borysenko, A. V., Pechkovs'kyy, K. Ye., Zelins'ka ta, N. A., Lyesnuxina, G.L., Stryuk, L.V. (2011) Pidvyshchennya efektyvnosti vykladannya rozdilu “Likuvannya heneralizovanoho parodontytu” z vykorystannyam suchasnykh pedahohichnykh tekhnolohiy [Increasing the effectiveness of teaching of the section “Treatment of generalized periodontitis” with using modern pedagogical technologies]. Sovremennaya stomatolohyya – Modern dentistry, 2, 149–152. ISSN 1992-576-X.
5. Filonenko, M. M. (2016). Metodyka vykladannya u vyshchiy medychniy shkoli na zasadakh kompetentnisnoho pidkhodu [Methodology of Teaching in a Higher Medical School on the Basis of Competence Approach]. Kyiv: Tsentr uchbovoyi literatury. ISBN 978-617-673-487-1.
6. Dumanskiy, Yu. V., Udod, A. A., Kosareva, L. I. & Moroz, A. B. (2014). Perspektivyi vnedreniya interaktivnyih metodov obucheniya na kafedrah stomatologicheskogo profilya [Prospects for the introduction of interactive teaching methods at the departments of the dental department]. Stomatologicheskaya nauka i praktika – Dental science and practice, 2, 47–53. ISSN 2312-2730.
7. Yaremchuk, L. V. (2014). Vykorystannya metodu rol'ovoyi hry pry provedenni praktychnykh zanyat' na klinichnykh kafedrakh [Using of the role-play method in conducting practical classes in clinical departments]. Biomedical and biosocial anthropology, 22, 257–258. ISSN 1816-031X.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.