Morphological peculiarities of pneumonia in the use of antibiotics and antioxidants
The study of pneumonia and its treatment have been going on for decades, but complex therapy is still not effective enough, which makes it relevant in our time. The purpose of the work is to reveal the morphogenesis of pneumonia in conditions of application of antioxidants. In this work a comparative description of the results of lung necropolis and analyzes of patients' protocols in the treatment of antibiotics with antioxidants and without their using was made, morphological features were compared with different types of pneumonia. Data were obtained from the Vinnytsia Oblast Department of Pathology and Anatomy (OSPAB). 16 patients were divided into 4 groups of 4 people in each (A - died of lobar pneumonia, B - died of gangrenous pneumonia, B - died of segmental pneumonia, G - died of focal pneumonia). Patients are divided into 2 subgroups, depending on the method of treatment (I subgroup - therapy with antibiotics and antioxidants, II subgroup - antibiotics without the use of antioxidants). This allowed us to detect the direct role of antioxidants in the treatment of various types of pneumonia. When we compared morphological differences, depending on the type of treatment, a number of criteria were taken into account, namely: the degree of filling of the alveoli with air, the number of erythrocytes, leukocytes and neutrophils in the field of view. As a result, we have found indisputable evidence that antioxidants are an important element in the treatment of pneumonia. Based on the research, it was found that antioxidant therapy positively affects the course of pneumonia. The histological picture of cranial, gangrenous and segmental pneumonia is characterized by a decrease in segmental neutrophils in the alveoli, and with focal pneumonia in bronchioles. With clover and gangrenous pneumonia, an increase in air in the alveoli and moderate hypertrophy in the vasculature was observed. Morphological changes in pulmonary tissue with the use of antioxidants were to reduce the number of neutrophils and erythrocytes in the exsudate, the presence of small amounts of air in the alveoli, whereas in the other therapy, the alveoli were irritable. Flexibility of interalveolar membranes in the application of antioxidant therapy was more moderate than without its application.
2. Zhavoronkov, A. A. & Kudrin, A. V. (1999). Imunnye funkcii transfer ina [I mmune transfer f unction]. Gematologiya i transfuziologiya - Hematology and Transfusiology, 2, 40-43. Vzyato s http://www.fesmu.ru/elib/Article.aspx?id=28147.
3. Zhadan, V. M. (2011). Otsinka deiakykh pokaznykiv oksydantnoi- antyoksydantnoi systemy u khvorykh na idiopatychni interstytsialni pnevmonii [Evaluation of some indicators of oxidation-antioxidant system in patients with idiopathic interstitial pneumonia]. Tuberkuloz, Lehenevi khvoroby, VIL-infektsiia - Tuberculosis, Pulmonary Disease, HIV-infection, 2 (5), 34-
38. Vziato z http://tubvil.vitapol.com.ua/svizhij_nomer.php?nid=5.
4. Kozlov, R. S., Pertseva, T. O., Dmytrychenko, V. V. & Simonov, S.
S. (2011). Nehospitalna pnevmoniia: standarty diahnostyky, suchasna antybakterialna terapiia [Untreated pneumonia: diagnostic standards, modern antibiotic therapy]. Ukrainskyi medychnyi chasopys - Ukrainian Medical Journal, 6 (86). Vziato z https://www.umj.com.ua/article/23235/negospitalna- pnevmoniya-standarti-diagnostiki-suchasna-antibakterialna- terapiya.
5. Lynnyk, M. I., Nedospasova, O. P., Tarasenko, O. R., Kapustiak, V. I., Bushura, I. V. & Nikiforova, L. H. (2017). Porivnialni dani pro rozpovsiudzhenist khvorob orhaniv dykhannia i medychnu dopomohu khvorym na khvoroby pulmonolohichnoho ta alerholohichnoho profiliu v Ukraini za 2010-2016 rr. [Comparative data on the prevalence of respiratory diseases and medical care for patients with pulmonologic and allergic diseases in Ukraine for 2010-2016]. Kyiv: Lira-K. Vziato z http://www.ifp.kiev.ua/doc/staff/pulmukr2016.pdf.
6. Reheda, M. S., Reheda, M. M. & Furdychko, L. O. (2012).
Pne vmoniia [Pneu monia]. Lviv: ( b.v.). Vziato z http:// www.medinstytut.lviv.ua/images/monographiya.pdf.
7. Shepelev, A. P., Kornienko, I. V., Shestopolov, A. V. & Antipov, A. Yu. (2001). Rol processov svobodnoradikalnogo okisleniya v patogeneze infekcionnyh boleznej [The role of free radical oxidation processes in the pathogenesis of infectious diseases]. Biomedicinskaya himiya - Biomedical Chemistry, 46 (2). Vzyato z http://pbmc.ibmc.msk.ru/index.php/ru/article/ PBMC-2000-46-2-110-ru.
8. Finkelstein, J. N. & Johnston, C. J. (2004). Enhanced sensitivity of the postnatal lung to environmental insults and oxidative stress. Paediatrica, 113 (4), 1092-6. Retrieved from https:// www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15060204.
9. Hemila, H. & Louhiala, P. (2017). Vitamin C for preventing and treating pneumonia. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, 8, CD005532. doi: 10.1002/14651858.CD005532.
10. Myung, S. K., W oong, Ju., Belong, Cho, Seung-Won Oh, Sang Min Park, Bon-Kwon Koo & Byung-Joo Park. (2013). Efficacy of vitamin and antioxidant supplements in prevention of cardiovascular disease. BMJ, 346, f10. doi: https://doi.org/ 10.1136/bmj.f10.
11. Waterer, G. W., Rello, J. & Wunderink, R. G. (2011). Management of community-acquired pneumonia in adults. Am J Respir Crit Care Med;183:157-164. doi: 10.1164/rccm.201002-0272CI.
12. Watkins, R. R. & Lemonovich, T. L. (2016). Diagnosis and Management of CommunityAcquired Pneumonia in Adults. Am. Fam. Physic ian, 83, 11. Retrieved from https:// www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21661712.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.