Characteristics of the resistance of microorganisms to antimicrobial drugs
The resistance of microorganisms to antimicrobial drugs is an important problem of medicine. The aim – to study forming of the resistance to decamethoxine® (DCM®), decaminum (DC) and properties of microorganisms. In the study, a quantitative assessment of antimicrobial drugs was performed based on the activity index of the drug (AID), which shows the ratio of the working concentration of antiseptic to its minimum active concentration for a specific agent. The first indicator for determining the AID is derived from the instructions for the use of the drug, the relevant directories. Minimum inactivation concentration (MIC) values was determined experimentally in strains of the corresponding species that did not have contact with medicinal products. Microbiological studies on diphtheria rods, Staphylococcus albus and S. aureus, clinical strains of Candida albicans, which possessed typical tinctorial, morphologic, and cultural properties were carried out in this work. The effective concentrations of medicinal antimicrobial drugs decamethoxine®, decaminum, levorinum, nystatin were determined by means of the method of double serial dilutions. Conditions were defined for the formation of resistant forms of microorganisms (nutrient medium, microbial load, concentration of drugs). There was analyzed the resistance of Staphylococci, Corynebacterium diphtheria, Candida albicans drugs and the monitoring of the resistance of microorganisms to decamethoxine®, decaminum, levorinum, nystatin was carried out. According to the results of experimental study on the nutrient medium the slow forming of resistance in Staphylococci, C.diphtheria, C.albicans to DCM and DC were found. These studies showed a lack of cross-resistance of clinical strains of C.albicans to antimycotics DCM® and DC, on the one hand, and levorinum and nystatin on the other. Resistant to DCM of C.albicans were found to be susceptible to decaminum (3,9 μg/ml), levorinum (0,12 μg/ml) and nystatin (1,9 μg/ml). While forming the resistance to antimicrobial drugs changes of morphology with the formation of polymorphic cells have been established in microorganisms. The loss of biological activity of microorganisms due to changes in the activity of microbial cell enzymes during the formation of resistance was determined. The expediency of using DCM®, decaminum, levorinum, nystatin for prevention, treatment, overcoming of resistance in resistant variants of microorganisms to DCM®, decaminum.
2. Volyanskij, Yu. L., Kolotova, T. Yu. & Kuchma, I. Yu. (2013). SOS v pryamom i perenosnom smysle. Novaya strategiya borby s razvitiem ustojchivosti k antibiotikam (obzor literatury) [SOS in literal and metaphorical sense. A new strategy to fight development of antibiotic resistance (review of literature)]. Zhurnal Nacionalnoyi Akademiyi Medichnih Nauk Ukrayini – Journal of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine, 19 (2), 162–170.
3. Krasilnikov, A. P. (1995). Spravochnik po antiseptike [Antiseptic Guide]. Minsk: Vysshaya shkola – Minsk.
4. Matvieieva, O. V., Viktorov, O. P., Blikhar, V. Ye., Lohvina, I. O., Yaichenia, V. P. & Poliakova, D. P. (2011). Analiz bezpeky medychnoho zastosuvannia likarskykh zasobiv v Ukraini (za rezultatamy zdiisnennia farmakonahliadu u 2010 r.), vkliuchaiuchy analiz richnoi statystychnoi zvitnosti za formoiu № 69 [Safety analysis of medical use of medicinal products in Ukraine (based on the results of pharmacovigilance in 2010), including the analysis of annual statistical reporting in the form № 69]. Novosty medytsyny i farmatsyy – News of medicine and pharmacy, (9), 8–13.
5. Metodychni vkazivky MV 9.9.5-143-2007. (2007). Vyznachennia chutlyvosti mikroorhanizmiv do antybakterialnykh preparativ [Guidelines 9.9.5-143-2007. Determination of the sensitivity of microorganisms to antibacterial drugs]. Kyiv: MOZ Ukrainy – Kyiv: Ministry of Health of Ukraine.
6. Okolov, I. N. & Gurchenok, P. A. (2008). Rezistentnost k antibiotikam normalnoj mikroflory konyunktivy u pacientov pered oftalmohirurgicheskimi operaciyami [Antibiotic resistance of normal conjanctival flora in the patients undergoing ophthalmic surgery]. Oftalmologicheskie vedomosti – Ophthalmic records, 1 (4), 59–62.
7. Palij, G. K., Nazarchuk, A. A., Palij, D. V., Nazarchuk, S. A., Gonchar, O. O., Bereza, B. N. … Trofimenko, Yu. Yu. (2013). Analiz chuvstvitelnosti klinicheskih shtammov esherihij, vydelennyh iz organizma bolnyh detej, k antibiotikam, antiseptikam [The analysis of sensitivity of Escherichia clinical strains, isolated from ill children to antibiotics, antiseptics]. Pediatr – Рediatrician, 4 (4), 23–27.
8. Palii, V. H., Sukhliak, V. V. & Palii, D. V. (2014). Protymikrobna diia antyseptychnykh preparativ, antybiotykiv na zbudnyky zapalnykh zakhvoriuvan [The antimicrobial action of the antiseptics and antibiotics on the agents of the purulent disease]. Biomedical and Biosocial anthropology, (22), 44–47.
9. Palii, H. K. (Red.). (1997). Antyseptyky u profilaktytsi y likuvanni infektsii [Antiseptics in the prevention and treatment of infections]. Kyiv: Zdorovia.
10. Kazlovsky, G. A. (2003). Susceptibilities to levofloxacin in Streptococcus pneumoniae, Homophiles inffuenzae and Moraxella catarrhalis clinical isolates from children: results from 2000-2001 and 2001-2002 TRUST studies in the United States. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, 47 (6), 1790–1797.
11. Paliy, G., Nazarchuk, O., Paliy, D., Kovalenko, I. & Zaderey, N. (2014). Antimicrobial properties of antiseptics, containing menthol, quinolone. Journal of Health Sciences, 4 (16), 53–62.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.