Morphological features of the regeneration of venous trophic ulcers with the use of cord blood stem cells in the experiment
Venous hypertension, which underlies the development of trophic disorders, initiates a complete cascade of pathological reactions at the molecular, cellular and tissue levels. Objectives – on our own model of the trophic ulcer, combined with venous hypertension, we investigated the processes occurring on the histological and immunohistochemical levels before and after stem cells of cord blood transplantation. Descriptive method for coloring histological sections, histochemical method for collagen fibers and fibrin, the immunohistochemical method for the detection of vimentin and the Villebrand factor and elements of morphometry were used. A comparative description of the morphological processes occurring in the treatment of the ulcerative defect of the soft tissues of the limbs on the background of chronic venous insufficiency after the transplantation and without the transplantation of stem cells of the cord blood was carried out. Experimental ulcer defects in the control of animals significantly decreased, some were completely healed. In the experimental group of animals ulcerative defects were healed in all cases. So, the application of stem cells of cord blood in a trophic ulcer of venous genesis leads to improved regeneration by accelerating the processes of differentiation of mesenchymal cells, activating the processes of angiogenesis, accelerating the maturation of the fibrous component of the stroma. The results of the study can serve as the basis for further study of the healing of ulcerative defect on the background of transplantation of cord blood cells and the development of new methods for complex treatment of patients with chronic venous ulcers.
2. Obzor dokladov, predstavlennyh na Vsemirnom kongresse po pupovinnoj krovi i innovacionnym podhodam k lecheniyu serpovidnokletochnoj anemii v Monako 24–27 oktyabrya 2013 goda. (2014). Kletochnaya i organnaya transplantologiya – Cell and organ transplantation, 2 (1), 90–94.
3. Pyptiuk, O. V., Telemukha, S. B. & Pyptiuk, V. O. (2012) Shliakhy pokrashchannia likuvannia khvorykh iz khronichnymy trofichnymy vyrazkamy nyzhnikh kintsivok riznoho genezu [Ways of improvement of treatment of patients with chronic trophic ulcers of the lower extremities of different genesis]. Naukovyi visnyk Uzhhorodskoho universytetu, seriia “Medytsyna” – Scientific herald of Uzhgorod University, series “Medicine”, 2 (44), 86–91.
4. Poliachenko, Yu. V., Nikonenko, O. S., Saliutin, R. V., Komarov, M. P., Palianytsia, S. S. & Borys, R. M. (2013). Klitynna transplantatsiia: normatyvno-pravovi aspekty, perspektyvy ta napriamky klinichnoho vykorystannia [Cell Transplantation: Regulatory Aspects, Prospects and Directions of Clinical Use]. Klitynna ta orhanna transplantolohiia – Klitynna ta orhanna transplantolohiia, 1 (2), 28–34. http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/ktot_2013_1_1_11.
5. Rusyn, V. I., Korsak, V. V., Dikker, H. M. & Mytrovka, B. A. (2011). Likuvannia venoznykh trofichnykh vyrazok [Treatment of venous trophic ulcers]. Naukovyi visnyk Uzhhorodskoho universytetu, seriia “Medytsyna” – Scientific herald of Uzhgorod University, series “Medicine”, 2 (40), 222–225.
6. Ferreira, T. & Rasband, W. (2012). ImageJ User Guide. New York: National Institute of Health, 187.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.