Methodological approaches to conducting lectures for foreign students on medical microbiology
The article discusses the main methodological approaches to the preparation of a lecture course on medical microbiology for foreign students at the National Pirogov Memorial Medical University, Vinnytsya. The purpose of the work is to discuss methodological approaches to the preparation of a lecture course on microbiology, virology and immunology for foreign students to form their cognitive activity, the development of clinical thinking and qualitative mastery of discipline. In this work the main methodological bases of preparation of lecture material, its design, importance for mastering the theoretical, practical bases of basic training of foreign medical students are revealed. The main functions of the lecture, as the main form of preparation for practical classes, independent work of students and the preparation of the exam on discipline are highlighted. The role of the teacher's professional skill in mastering the subject "Medical Microbiology, Virology and Immunology" is shown. The present demands from a teacher who lectures to foreign students, the use of new methods and techniques and the introduction of new technologies, diverse approaches and improving the quality of teaching. The lecture is traditionally the leading form of study at a higher educational institution. It performs scientific, cognitive, educational functions. The lecturer must have high professional training, pedagogical skills, communicative skills and fluency in the English language. Lecture material should be presented to foreign students at an adequate scientific level, using modern teaching aids, to contain the basic provisions that are necessary for preparation for practical classes, organization of independent work of students, examination of the subject. The prospect of further improving the teaching of the lecture course is the creation of a multimedia lecture summary for Ukrainian-speaking foreign students.
2. Zamorskyy, I. I. & Khmara, T. V. (2016). Znachennya lektsiyi yak vahomoho piznavalno-vykhovuyuchoho faktora u pidhotovtsi maybutnoho medychnoho pratsivnyka [The significance of the lecture as a significant cognitive and educational factor in the training of the future health worker]. Medychna osvita – Medical Education, 1, 70–73.
3. Prylypko, N. A., Vyshnytska, I. V., Unhuryan, L. M., & Byelyayeva, O. I. (2016). Orhanizatsiyno-metodychni pidkhody vykladannya inozemnym anhlomovnym studentam na farmatsevtychnomu fakulteti Odeskoho natsionalʹnoho medychnoho universytetu [Organizational-methodical approaches to teaching foreign English-speaking students at the pharmaceutical faculty of the Odessa National Medical University]. Medychna osvita – Medical Education, 3, 75–77.
4. Savka, I. H., Savka, S. D. & Yurynyuk, S. V., (2016). Dosvid pidhotovky inozemnykh hromadyan z anhlomovnoyu movoyu navchannya [Experience of preparation of foreign citizens in the English language of instruction]. Medychna osvita – Medical education, 4, 56–58.
5. Stepanenko, I. & Debych, M. (2017). Navchannya inozemnykh studentiv v Ukrayini: stan problemy, perspektyvy [Studying foreign students in Ukraine: the state of the problem, perspectives]. Vyshcha osvita Ukrayiny – Higher Education of Ukraine, 4, 48–55.
6. Shukhtin, V. V., Kotyuzhynska, S. H., Lyebedeva, T. L., & Shukhtina, I. M. (2016). Reformuvannya vyshchoyi osvity v Ukrayini [Reform of Higher Education in Ukraine]. Medychna osvita – Medical education, 3, 29–34.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.