Microbiological study of immobilized N-chlorosulfonamide on сopolymer of styrene
Issues of discovery and development of antiseptics and disinfectants are engaged in the world. Requirements for medication severely limit the range of chemical compounds that can be used as an active start of disinfectants. Chlorinated compounds (bleach, chloramine, hypochlorite) are traditional disinfectants. The emission of active chlorine from immobilized sodium N-chlorosulfonamides was studied and the stability of the resulting solutions was evaluated. For microbiological tests, non-woven samples of immobilized N-chlorosulfonamide were provided on a copolymer of styrene with divinylbenzene grafted to a polypropylene filament. The content of active chlorine is 6%, the thickness is 2.5 mm, the surface density is 340 g/dm3. Nutrient media used for research: Meat-peptone agar (MPA); yolk-salt agar (Chistovich); blood agar (CA); Saburo; Endo Before the study, the growth properties of nutrient media were controlled in accordance with the method of controlling the growth properties of nutrient media, which is presented in the State Food and Drug Administration – 2011.The antibacterial and antimycotic action of immobilized N-chlorosulfonamide on a copolymer of styrene with divinylbenzene was determined. It is set that that test samples of immobilized N-chlorosulfonamide on styrene copolymer with divinylbenzene, in the form of nonwoven material, have expressed antibacterial activity to the microorganisms: E.сoli АТСС 25922, E.coli K12, P.aeruginosa АТСС 27853, S.аureus АТСС 6538, S.epidermidis ATCC 12228, S.haemolyticus АТСС 14990, P.vulgaris ATCC 33420, В.subtilis 168, В.cereus 96, and antimycotic action on C.albicans ATCC 10231.
2. Vyznachennia chutlyvosti mikroorhanizmiv do antybakterialnykh preparativ. [Determination of the sensitivity of microorganisms to antibacterial drugs]. Ministerstvo Okhorony Zdorovia Ukrainy: Nakaz № 167 vid 05.04.2007 r. pro zatverdzhennia metodychnykh vkazivok [Ministry of Health of Ukraine: Order No. 167 of 05.04.2007 on the approval of methodological guidelines].
3. Volkov, Yu. P. (1992). Perspektivy razvitiya issledovanij v oblasti razrabotki dezinficiruyushih sredstv [Prospects for development of research in the field of development of disinfectants], Aktualnye problemy dezinfekcii, sterilizacii, dezinsekcii i deratizacii, Materialy nauchnoj konferencii. [Actual problems of disinfection, sterilization, disinfestation and deratization, Materials of the scientific conference]. Moskva – Moscow.
4. Derzhavne pidpryiemstvo “Ukrainskyi naukovyi farmakopeinyi tsentr yakosti likarskykh zasobiv” [State Enterprise “Ukrainian Pharmaceutical Quality Institute”]. (2011). Derzhavna Farmakopeia Ukrainy – State Pharmacopoeia of Ukraine. Kharkiv.
5. Toropin, V. N., Surmasheva, E. V., & Romanenko, L. I. (2016). Izuchenie antimikrobnyh svojstv immobilizovannyh voloknistyh N-hlorsulfonamidov [The study of antimicrobial properties of immobilized fi brous N-chloro sulfonamides]. Aktualni pytannia farmatsevtychnoi i medychnoi nauky ta praktyky – Current issues in pharmacy and medicine: science and practice, 3, 54–58.
6. Dychdala, G.R. (1983). Chlorine and chlorine compounds. In S.S. Block (Ed.), Disinfection, sterilization and preservation (3rd ed.). (рр. 157–182.). Philadelphia: Lea & Febiger. Retrieved from https://trove.nla.gov.au/work/6733270.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.