The apple pectin influence on biochemical and hematological parameters in animals with chronic alcohol intoxication
Enterosorbents and prebiotics are included in treatment protocols for somatic disorders in chronic alcohol intoxication. Considering on relevant properties of pectin, the purpose of the study was to investigate its effect on biochemical and hematological parameters of experimental animals in chronic alcoholic intoxication. The study was conducted on 30 white outbred rats (males) weighing 180-200 g, which injected 30% ethanol into the stomach (control), animals in experimental groups after 30 minutes, got apple pectin at a dose of 0.2 g/100 g of body weight and reference preparations — activated charcoal and silicon dioxide — by 0.25 g and 0.05 g, respectively for 11 days. The statistical analysis was performed by Microsoft Exel and Statistica 5.5 (Multiple Regression) software using variation statistics methods. Research results. Changes in lipid metabolism were manifested by an increase in serum cholesterol of alcoholic animals without treatment by 29.8% compared with intact (p˂0.05). The use of pectin and reference drugs significantly reduced cholesterol levels. In the group with the use of pectin, this indicator was 36% lower, activated charcoal — by 19%, silicon dioxide — by 26.4% (p˂0,05) compared to untreated animals, at the same time, practically did not differ from intact animals. The level of triacylglycerols increased in all experimental groups and, although, it significantly differed from the intact, at the same time, it was essentially lower in all groups of treated animals than in non-treated ones (p˂0.05). A normalizing effect of pectin and silicon dioxide on the number of erythrocytes and hemoglobin levels comparing to alcoholated and treated activated charcoal animals also were shown (p˂0.05). The apple pectin curative effect on lipid and protein metabolism, as well as on the content of erythrocytes and hemoglobin in the blood of animals with chronic alcohol intoxication, practically equaled to standard enterosorbents, and on some indicators exceeds their effect, which may also be due to partial neutralization of ethanol.
2. Bile vugillya: Instrukcia UA/16126/01/01 (23205) [White Coal Instruction UA]. Liky control. Retrieved from likicontrol.com.ua/instrukcia/?.
3. Vuhillya aktyvovane. Instrukcia. [Activated Charcoal]. (2018). Vziato z mozdocs.kiev.ua/ likiview.php?id=4157.
4. Efimenko, N. V. Dudok, К. P., Klymyshyn, N. І. & Sybirna, N. О. (2014). Strukturno-funkcionalnyi stan erytrocytarnyh membrane peryferychnoi krovi schuriv za alcoholnoi intocsycacii na foni vvedennya L-arhininu ta L-NAME [Structural-functional state of erythrocyte membranes of peripheral blood of rats in alcohol intoxication on the background of introduction of L-arginine and L-NAME]. Retrieved from www.irbis-nbuv.gov.ua/cgi-bin/irbis.../cgiirbis_64.exe.
5. Kopchak, N. H., Pocotylo, O. S., Kuhtyn, M. D. & Koval, M. I. (2017). Vplyv iodu na pokaznyky lipidnoho profilu krovi schuriv riznoho viku pry experymentalnomy ozhyrinni [Influenced by the indices of lipid profiles of alluvial bifurcated animals in experimental obesity]. Medychna ta klinichna himia – Medical and clinical chemistry, 19 (4), 123–128. DOI: 10.11603/mcch.2410-681X.2017.v0.i4.8437.
6. Protokoly nadannya medychnoi dopomohy (2009). [Protocols for the provision of medical narcological care]. Kyiv. Retrieved from http://old.moz.gov.ua/ua/portal/dn_20090921_681.html.
7. Skrypnyk, I. M. (2007). Alcoholna hvoroba pechinky: suchasnyi pohlyad na problemu [Alcoholic liver disease: contemporary view of the problem]. Vnutrishnya medycyna – Internal medicine, 3 (3). Retrieved from http://www.mif-ua.com/archive/article/394/.
8. Stefanov, О. V. (Ed.). (2001). Doklinichni doslidzhennya likarskyh zasobiv: metodychni recomendacii [Pre-clinical research of drugs: methodical recommendations]. Kyiv: Avicenna.
9. Halilov, M. H. & Zakihorgaev, Sh. Ya. (1983). K harakterystyke nekotoryh patohimicheskyh sdvigov v krovi, tkanyah pecheni I holovnoho mozga pry eksperymentalnoi alcoholnoi intoksucacii. [On the characteristics of some pathogenic chemical shifts in the blood, liver and brain tissues during experimental alcohol toxicity]. Voprosy kliniky alcoholizma: naychnye trudy. [Problems of Alcoholism: Scientific works]. Tashkent, 38–41.
10. Kharchenko, O., Gavrish, L. & Ostapchenko, L. (2006). Toksychna dija ethanolu ta yogo productiv na orhanism. [Toxic effect of ethanol and its products on the body]. Retrieved from ftp://ftp.nas.gov.ua/akademperiodyka/Downloads/ Visnyk_NANU/downloads /2006/3/a5-3.pdf.
11. Majc, D. & Tepes, B. (2018). The impact of outpatient clinical care on the survival and hospitalisation rate in patients with alcoholic liver cirrhosis. Radiology & Oncology, 52 (1), 75–82. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ pmc/articles/PMC5839084/. doi: 10.1515/raon-2017-0056.
12. Pectin. Drugs.com. (2009). Retrieved from https://www.drugs.com/npp/pectin. html.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.