Correction of sexual dysfunction in women of perimenopausal age with stress urinary incontinence
The article presents the data on a study of sexual function in perimenopausal age women with stress urinary incontinence after transobturator tape (TOT) sling procedure with the subsequent prescription of vaginal estrogens during the month. Purpose — to assess the effectiveness of influence transobturator tape (TOT) sling procedure with the subsequent prescription of vaginal estrogens during the month on sexual function in perimenopausal age women with stress urinary incontinence. We evaluate the recovery of sexual function in 16 perimenopausal age (45-50 years) women with stress urinary incontinence after transobturator tape (TOT) sling procedure with the subsequent prescription of vaginal estrogens during the month using the Incontinence Quality of Life (I-QOL) questionnaire. In 1 month after the treatment we found an improvement in the daily activity of women in 3 times, self-esteem in 2.6 times, sexual function in 2 times, the overall quality of life in 3.3 times, a decrease of emotional stress in 2.8 times, the reduction of additional effort in 3.3 times. A decrease in sexual discomfort was found in the postoperative period in 75% of women, number women with lack of libido decreased by 31.25%, and a number of women who had orgasms during coitus increased by 25%. Thus, transobturator tape (TOT) sling procedure with the subsequent prescription of vaginal estrogens during the month normalized sexual dysfunction in perimenopausal age women with stress urinary incontinence.
2. Horovyi, V. I., Kapshuk, O. M., Yatsyna, O. I., Tryfoniuk, L.Iu., Balatskyi, R.K. & Horovyi, O.V. (2017). Klasyfikatsiia stresovoho netrymannia sechi u zhinok. [Сlassification of stress urinary incontinence in women]. Medychni aspekty zdorovia zhinky – Medical aspects of woman’s heals, 6 (111), 60–63.
3. Hryhorenko, A. P., Horbatiuk-Shymanska, O. H., Kucheruk, V. M. & Polovyi, O. A. (2014). Hormonalni zminy u zhinok piznoho reproduktyvnoho viku, perymenopauzy ta postmenopauzy na tli urohenitalnykh porushen. [Hormonal changes in women of late reproductive, perimenopausal and postmenopausal age with urogenital disorders]. Bukovynskyi medychnyi visnyk – Bucovinian Medical Herald, 18 (3), 53–56.
4. Hryhorenko, A.P., Shymanska-Horbatiuk, O.H., Shatkovska, N.S. & Harbuziuk, V.V. (2013). Hormonalnyi homeostaz u zhinok z vypadinniam tazovykh orhaniv. [Hormonal homeostasis in women with prolapse of the pelvic organs]. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats Asotsiatsii akusheriv-hinekolohiv Ukrainy. Kyiv: “Polihraf plius” – Kyiv, “Poligraf plus”, 93–96.
5. Iatsyna, O. I. (2016). Kompleksne likuvannia pry netrymanni sechi u zhinok (vlasnyi dosvid). [Comprehensive treatment of urinary incontinence in women (own experience)]. Ukrainskyi medychnyi chasopys – Ukrainian medical journal, 114 (4), 1–3.
6. Bushnell, D. M., Martin, M. L., Summers, K. H., Švihra, J., Lionis, C. & Patrick, D. L. (2005). Quality of life of women with urinary incontinence: cross-cultural performance of 15 language versions of the I-QOL. Quality of Life Research, 14 (8), 1901–1913. DOI: 10.1007/s11136-005-5266-5.
7. Gormley, E. A., Lightner, D. J., Burgio, K. L., Chai, T. C., Clemens, J. Q., Culkin, D. J. … Vasavada, S. P. (2015). Diagnosis and treatment of overactive bladder (non-neurogenic) in adults: AUA/SUFU guideline. Journal of Urology, 193 (5), 1572–1580. DOI: 10.1016/j.juro.2015.01.087.
8. Sand, P. K., Goldberg, R. P., Dmochowski, R. R., McIlwain, M. & Dahl, N. V. (2006). The impact of the overactive bladder syndrome on sexual function: a preliminary report from the Multicenter Assessment of Transdermal Therapy in Overactive Bladder with Oxybutynin trial. Amеrican Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 195 (6), 1730–1735. DOI: 10.1016/j.ajog.2006.08.013.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.