Estimation of efficiency of remineralizative therapy in children of primary school age with a high level of intensity of dental caries
The purpose of our study was to determine the intensity of dental caries and the level of oral hygiene in boys and girls, depending on age and conducting remineralizative therapy in the observed group of children with the aim of prevention of dental caries. The study was carried out with the informed consent of parents of examining children. We carried out dental examination of 60 schoolchildren in Vinnytsya, aged 6–8 years old, who were divided into two even groups, near 30 persons in evey group who was provided remineralizative therapy of dental hard tissue using the preparation “Bifluorid 10” VOCO (Germany). In the article the clinical discussion of high efficiency of preventive remineralizative therapy of dental hard tissues in children 6-8 years is presented. According to the results of the primary examination in the observed children, it was found that the average of oral hygiene index of Fedorova-Volodkina was 2.3±0.16 scores in the main group and 2.31±0.13 scores in the control group, which indicates an unsatisfactory level of oral hygiene in both groups. Dental caries was determined in 100% of cases among the examined children, caries intensity indexes DMFT+df were corresponded to 5.57±1.04 in the main group and 5.7±0.95 in the control group. The intensity of the color of the TER-test in the basic observation was — 3.88±0.75 in the main group and 4.19±0.91 the control group. The oral hygiene index slightly increased after 12 months of research. In children of the main group it was 1.52±0.12 and 1.58±0.15 in the control group, which corresponds to satisfactory oral hygiene. However, in general, during the period of our investigation, the oral hygiene index was significantly improved in comparing to the primary scores on 33.9% in the main group and on 31.64% in the control group. The index of growth of caries intensity was — 7 (23%) in the control group and in the main group — 1 (3.3%) in the main one. The parameters of the TER test were within the range of 2.1±0.3 scores in the basic and 3.93±0.7 scores in the control groups, which corresponds to the improvement of the mineralization of the dental hard tissue (p <0.05). Consequently, the problem of high dental caries intensity and caries prevalence of primary and permanent teeth suggests about cariogenic situation in the oral cavity of children during the period of the eruption of the first permanent molars. Professional oral hygiene, the formation of regular oral hygienic habits, deep fluoridation using the Bifluorid 10 VOCO (Germany), not only improve the oral hygiene status, but also reduce the growth index of dental caries and have a high efficiency of prevention of dental caries.
2. Beliaiev, E. V. Otsinka hihiienichnoho statusu porozhnyny rota u somatychno zdorovykh miskykh meshkantsiv yunatskoho viku podilskoho rehionu Ukrainy. [Assessment of the hygienic status of the oral cavity in the dental healthy urban youth of the Podolsk region of Ukraine]. V Beliaiev, E. V. & Borovykov, V. P. (Red.) Populiarnoe vvedenye v prohrammu STATISTICA. Kompyuter Press – Computer Press, 1998.
3. Savychuk, O. V., Nemyrovych, Yu. P. & Holubieva, I. M. (2010). Klinichna efektyvnist kompleksnoi profilaktyky kariiesu i hinhivitu u dytiachoho naselennia ekolohichno nespryiatlyvykh rehioniv. [Clinical efficacy of complex prevention of dental caries and gingivitis in children of ecologically unfavorable regions.] Novyny stomatolohi – Dentistry News, 3, 82–84.
4. Leus, P. A. (1977). Kliniko-eksperimentalnoe issledovanie patogeneza, patogeneticheskoy konservativnoy terapii i profilaktiki kariesa zubov. [Clinical and experimental study of pathogenesis, pathogenetic conservative therapy and prevention of dental caries]. (Dis. d. med. nauk). Moskva – Moskov.
5. Denga, O. V., Ivanov, V. S. & Gorohovskiy, V. N. (2003). Monitoring stomatologicheskoy zabolevaemosti u detey Ukrainyi. [Monitoring of dental morbidity in children of Ukraine]. Dentalnyie tehnologii – Dental technologies, 6 (14), 2–6.
6. Moroz, K. A. (2012). Kariies i nekariozni urazhennia tverdykh tkanyn zubiv. [Dental caries and uncarious diseases of dental hard tissues].Vinnytsia: Nova knyha – Vinnytsya: New book.
7. Mukhina, Ya. O. (2015). Analiz efektyvnosti remineralizuiuchoi teraii kariiesu zubiv u ditei 6-7 rokiv iz vysokym stupenem aktyvnosti kariiesu. [Analysis of the effectiveness of remineralizing therapy of dental caries in children 6-7 years old with high level of dental caries activity]. Problemy klinichnoi pediatrii – Problems of clinical pediatrics, 4, 20–22.
8. Nedoseko, V. B. (1988). Rezistentnost v probleme kariesa. [Resistance to the problem of dental caries.]. (Dis. d-ra med. nauk). Moskva – Moskow.
9. Galimova, A., Leontev, A. & Ulitovskiy S. (2010). Novyiy kompleksnyiy podhod k sozdaniyu produktov dlya profilaktiki kariesa u detey. [A new integrated approach to creating products for the prevention of dental caries in children]. DentArt – DentArt, 2, 24–28.
10. Sarap, L. R., Mansimov, O. Yu., Sarap, Ye. V. & Fisenko, A. V. (2012). Otsinka klinichnoi efektyvnosti kompleksu profilaktychnykh zakhodiv u ditei molodshoho shkilnoho viku. [Estimation of clinical effectiveness of the complex of preventive measures in children of elementary school age]. Novyny stomatolohii – Dental news, 3, 46–50.
11. Kaskova, L. F., Babina, O. O. & Andriianova, O. Yu. (2004). Pokaznyky urazhenosti kariiesom zubiv u ditei Poltavskoi oblasti. [Readings of dental caries in children of Poltava region]. Ukrainskyi stomatolohichnyi almanakh – Ukrainian Dental Almanac, 4, 13–15.
12. Sayfullina, H. M. (2000). Karies zubov u detey i podrostkov. [Dental caries in children and adolescents]. Moskva: MEDpress – Moscow: MEDpress.
13. Skatova, E. A. & Hoschevskaya, I. A. (2010). Esteticheskie aspektyi lecheniya nachalnyih form kariesa metodom infiltratsii. [Aesthetic aspects of the treatment of the initial forms of dental caries by the infiltration method]. Klinicheskaya stomatologiy – Clinical dentistry, 3, 15–17.
14. Smoliar, N. I. Bezvushko, E. V. & Hutor, T. H. (2009). Tendentsiia ta prohnoz urazhennia zubiv kariiesom u ditei m. Lvova u svitli hlobalnykh tsilei. [Trend and prognosis of tooth decay in children of Lviv in the light of global goals]. Novyny stomatolohii – Dental news, 3, 90–92.
15. Luchynskyi, M. A., Oktysiuk, Yu. V., Luchynskyi, A. M., Honchar, Yu. I. & Luchynskyi, V. M (2010). Stomatolohichna zakhvoriuvanist ditei Ivano-Frankivskoi oblasti. [Dental morbidity of children in Ivano-Frankivsk region]. Visnyk stomatolohii – Herald of Dentistry, 1, 66–68.
16. Hmyizova, T. G. & Onischenko, L. F. (2009). Dinamika porazheniya kariesom postoyannyih zubov u detey tsentralnoy chasti g. Volgograda. [Dynamics of caries lesions of permanent teeth in children in the central part of Volgograd]. V Aktualnyie voprosyi eksperimentalnoy, klinicheskoy i profilakticheskoy stomatologii: sbornik nauchnyih trudov Volgogradskogo gosudarstvennogo meditsinskogo universiteta (T. 66). Volgograd: OOO “Blank” – Volgograd: LLC Blank.
17. Broffitt, B. A., Warren, J. J. & Levy, S. M. (2007). Dental caries and childhood obesity: roles of diet and socioeconomic status. Community Dent. Oral. Epidemiol., 5, 449–458.
18. Selwitz, R. H., Ismail, A. I. & Pitts, N. B. Dental caries. (2007). Lancet, 3, 51–59.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.