The role of ultrasound diagnostics and spiral computer tomography in diagnostics and treatment of liver abscesses
The article describes the experience of treatment of 71 patients with liver abscess. 54 patients were operated on using a traditional open method, 11 — minimally invasive technologies under control of ultrasonography, 6 — patients had a conservative treatment, one of them died. The majority of liver abscess (90%) diagnosed of ultrasonography, others confirmed spiral computer tomography. The liver abscess of the right share was localized in 7th and 8th segments, the left share – 3d and 4th. The volume of liquid formations ranged from 1–2 ml to 2 l. The use of ultrasound diagnostics and computer tomography is expedient, necessary and reliable method of diagnostics in liver abscess treatment.
2. Moshkovskij, G. Yu., Nichitajlo, M. E. & Shkarban, V. P. (2003). Holangiogennyj abscess pecheni: etiologicheskie, patogeneticheskie aspekty, osobennosti eho-diagnostiki, mesto chreskozhnyh vmeshatelstv pod kontrolem ultrazvukovogo issledovaniya v ih kompleksnom lechenii. Klinichna hirurgiya, 4–5, 27–28. [in Russian].
3. Parhisenko, Yu. A., Gluhov, A. A., Novomlinskij, V. V. & Moshurov, I. P. (2000). Diagnostika i lechenie abscessov pecheni. Hirurgiya, 8, 35–37. [in Russian].
4. Gerzof, S. G., Johnson, W. C., Robbins, A. H. & Nabseth, D. C. (2005). Intrahepatic pyogenic abscess: treatment by percutaneous drainage. Am. J. Surg. 149, 487–494.
5. Mortelé, K. J., Segatto, E. & Ros P. R. (2004). The Infected Liver: Radiologic-Pathologic Correlation. Radio Graphics, 24 (4), 937–55.
6. Zenda, T., Kaizaki, C., Sato, H., Miyamoto, S., Okada, T. & Mabuchi H. (2001). Irrigation of liver abscess: proposal of a novel method and possible indications. Hepatogastroenterology, 48 (39), 847–850.