Comparative clinical-audiological characteristics of the acoustic analyzer in patients with chronic tubotimponal otitis media with perforation of the tympanic membrane after injury and because chronic inflammation before and after tympanoplasty
A comparative clinical and audiological characteristic of the condition of the auditory analyzer before and after tympanoplasty in patients with perforation of the tympanic membrane after trauma and as a result of chronic inflammation was conducted. Patients with T/bvt and AT/bvt have similar features of the thresholds of perception of air-operated sounds at the frequencies of 0.5, 1.0 and 4.0 kHz - gradual decrease with an increase in time after surgical intervention (3–6–12 months). In patients with AT/bvt, unlike patients with T/bvt at frequency 2.0 kHz, the most pronounced decrease in the thresholds for the perception of airborne sounds is observed only after 3 months, and at the frequency of 8.0 kHz these figures are practically unchanged. Dynamics of thresholds for the perception of bone-carved sounds at different frequencies in patients with T/bvt and AT/bvt after surgery have in most cases multi-directional nature. The dynamics of bone and air intervals at frequencies of 0.5, 1.0 and 2.0 kHz in patients with T/bvt and AT/bvt after surgery is similar — gradual decrease with an increase in time after surgery (3–6–12 months) the most pronounced decrease is noted in the first 3 months. In patients with AT/bvt, unlike patients with T/bvt at a frequency of 4.0 kHz in the first 6 months, a gradual slight decrease in the value of this indicator is observed, and between the 6th and 12-th months after the operation its size even increases, and on the frequency of 8.0 kHz with an increase in time after surgical intervention, the value of this indicator is practically unchanged.
2. Brackmann, D. E., Shelton, C., Arriaga, M. A. (2010). Otologic surgery. (3 rd ed, Chapter 16). Philadelphia: Elsevier.
3. Doyle, W., Swarts, J. D., Banks, J. (2013). Sensitivity and specificity of eustachian tube function tests in adults. JAMA Otolaryngol. Head Neck Surgery, 139(7), 719–727.
4. Elyseeva, І. І. (2008). Statystyka: Uchebnyk. Мoskva : Krokus. (in Russian)
5. Gaihede, M., Dirckx, J. J., Jacobsen, H., Aernouts, J., Søvsø, M., Tveterås, K. (2010). Middle ear pressure regulation – complementary active actions of the mastoid and the Eustachian tube. Otol. Neurotol., 31, 603–611.
6. Harmes, K. M., Blackwood, R. A., Burrows, H. L., Cooke, J. M., Harrison, R. V., Passamani, P. P. (2013). Otitis media: Diagnosis and treatment. American Family Physician, 88(7), 435–440.
7. Jung, T., Kim, Y. H., Park, S. K., Martin, D. (2009). Medial or medio-lateral graft tympanoplasty for repair of tympanic membrane perforation. Int. J. Pediatr. Otorhinolaryngol., 73(7), 941–943.
8. Karpov, V. P. (2008). O formyrovanyy neotympanal'noy membrany u bol'nykh hnoynym srednym otytom y lechenye etoy nozolohyy v Moskve. Mat. nauchno-prakt. konf. otolar. Rossyy, Moskva (s. 252–257). [b.i.]. [in Russian].
9. Krombach, G. A., Di Martino, E., Nolte-Ernsting, C., Schmitz-Rode, T., Prescher, A., Westhofen, M. & Ruf, G. (2000). Nuclear magnetic resonance tomography imaging and functional diagnosis of the eustachian auditory tube. Rоfo, 172, 748–752.
10. Lasisi, A. O., Olaniyan, F. A., Muibi, S. A., Azeez, I. A., Abdulwasiu, K. G., Lasisi, T. J., … Olayemi, O. (2007). Clinical and demographic risk factors associated with chronic suppurative otitis media. Int. J. Pediatr. Otorhinolaryngol., 71(10), 1549–1554.
11. Lerut, B., Pfammatter, A., Moons, J. & Linder, T. (2012). Functional correlations of tympanic membrane perforation size. Otol. Neurotol., 33(3), 379–386.
12. Matthew, L., & Meyers, A. D. (2017). Middle Ear, Tympanic Membrane, Perforations Updated. Otolaryngology and Facial Plastic Surgery, 27(2), 811–817.
13. Orji, F. T., & Agu, C. C. (2008). Determinants of spontaneous healing in traumatic perforations of the tympanic membrane. Clin Otolaryngol., 33(5), 420–426.
14. Vergison, A., Dagan, D., Arguedas, A., Bonhoeffer, J., Cohen, R., Dhooge, I., … Pelton, S. I. (2010). Otitis media and its consequences: beyond the earache. The Lancet infectious diseases, 10(3), 195–203.
15. Yakovlev, V. N., Kryukov, А. I., Harov, Е. V., Zakharova, А. F. & Krechetov, G. М. (2010). Zabolevaemost' khronycheskym hnoynym srednym otytom y lechenye etoy nozolohyy v Moskve. Vestn. Otorynolar., 6, 31–33. (in Russian)