Dysphoric and apathetic disorders in patients with multiple sclerosis
The study involved 210 patients with multiple sclerosis who were examined at the in-patient neurological department of Vinnytsia Regional Neuropsychiatric Hospital. Dysphoria and apathy syndrome was diagnosed in 3.55% cases respectively. Dysphoria is related to the sex (male), level of education (low), place of residence (rural) and degree of disability EDSS (average). Sociodemographic indicators and degree of disability EDSS do not affect the apathetic presentation.
2. Beal, C. C., Stuifbergen, A. K. & Brown, A. (2007). Depression in multiple sclerosis: a longitudinal analysis. Arch. Psychiatr. Nurs, 21, 181–191.
3. Cochrane, G. D., Rizvi, S. & Abrantes, A. M. (2015). The association between fatigue and apathy in patients with either Parkinson's disease or multiple sclerosis. Parkinsonism and Related Disorders, 21, 1093–1095.
4. Diaz-Olavarrieta C., Cummings, J. L. & Velazques, J. (1999). Neuropsychiatric manifestations of multiple sclerosis. J. Neuropsych. Clin Neurosci., 54, 1116−1121.
5. Feinstein A. (2007). The clinical neuropsychiatry of multiple sclerosis. Cambridge University Press.
6. Folstein, M. F., Folstein, S. E. & McHugh, P. R. (1975). Mini-mental state: A practical method for grading the cognitive state of patients for the clinician. J. Psychiatr. Res., 12, 189–198.
7. Korostil, M. & Feistein, A. (2007). Anxiety disorders and their clinical corrаlates in multiple sclerosis patients. Multiple sclerosis, 17, 67–72.
8. Kurtzke, J. F. (1983). Rating neurologic impairment in multiple sclerosis: an expanded disability status scale (EDSS). Neurol., 33, 1444−1452.
9. McDonald, I. W., Compston, A. & Edan, G. (2001). Recommended Diagnostic Criterial for Multiple Sclerosis: Guidelines from the International Panel on the diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis. Ann. Neurol., 50(1), 121−127.
10. Rabins, P. V. (1990). Euphoria in multiple sclerosis. Neurobehavioral Aspects of Multiple Sclerosis. New York: Oxford University Press.
11. Raimo, S., Trojano, L. & Spitaleri, D. (2014). Apathy in multiple sclerosis: a validation study of the apathy evaluation scale. J. Neurol Sci., 15(347), 295–300.